Being FILM COMMISSION MV consolidated with FILMLAND MV gGmbH, we see ourselves as a central information base and as service personnel for all affairs considering shooting programs in Mecklenburg-Pomerania. In cooperation with all institutions in the business, producers, service providers, broadcasting services, festivals and suitors, we offer an individual service.
Our main tasks are:
- Consultant and contact establisher between regional, national and international media industry
- Presentation and Recommendation of the film sites (locally and via location database)
- Advice and mediation for filming permits
- Interposition for technical services and personnel (locally and via Production-Guide database)
- Enhance the competitive capability of the local producers
- Information and advice about regional, national und European film funds
- Transmission about film festivals and events in Mecklenburg-Pomerania
- Encouragement for innovative regional audiovisual productions to gain audience
- Cooperation with partners on relevant events throughout the whole of Germany
- Spotting new ideas and trends in the digital world and transmitting them
- Advice for practical further education programs for the ones entering the film industry
- Newsletter dealing with jobs, events and trends in the local business
According to international standards for film commissions, our service is free.
FILM COMMISSION MV is funded by the State Chancellery of Mecklenburg West-Pomerania.